10.11.2012

Day 11 and other things

Beware. Random thoughts headed your way.

So, I've been thinking about personal journeys lately. Mark and I call it "questing". Either way, I've decided quests, journeys, what have you, are so important to all of us.

When I'm in motion...not 100 miles per hour, but actively headed in a direction, I feel useful. Fulfilled in a way that isn't complete, but very close. In my life I have found when I put my mind into something, make goals, set myself up for an achievement, I work harder, live fuller and go to bed at the end of the day feeling accomplishment. Even if I haven't accomplished much, if it's in the general direction that I'm heading, I feel better.

In life we have to decide on our personal quests. It may be intellectual, spiritual, physical. Any type of journey that brings more fulfillment in our lives, whatever we may decide.

I have often made the mistake of starting too many quests at one time. A complete overhaul of all things worth fixing, but perhaps not all at once. This is why I've wrote before on setting smaller goals. I think when you set yourself up for too much, it can often backfire. Then you end up far behind and disappointed with yourself. And that is a common mistake. We are all a work in progress. How fun would your life be if you were stagnant? Moving at a snails pace is better than not getting out there, sitting on the sidelines, and waiting for life to pass you by.

So, I challenge us all to look at areas in our life that we would like to improve. Take a journey. Learn more about yourself. Dedicate time and effort to becoming a better you. It may be taking more trips to the library, praying and meditating, or losing that last 10 pounds. Whatever it is, put yourself out there, take a chance on you. And most of all, believe in yourself. You have all you need inside...it's just waiting for you to say "let's go".

Okay, I'm done. Hey, I warned you...


Day 11.
Love.
It all started with...us.

(favorite recent pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment