1.12.2013

caught up in the somedays..

A confession.

I have this horrible habit.

It's called putting anything I dream of or desire into a category that I label "someday".

Whether it be creating a reading nook, or a meditation/prayer corner, becoming more mindful, etc etc.

It is all what I want someday but am too complacent and afraid of looking at seriously investing in it anytime in the near future.

My weight and  health goes the same way. Someday I want to lose that final 10 pounds (or the accumulation of pounds from trying to lose that final 10). Someday I'd like to find pants that fit, or shirts that don't look like  t-shirts. Someday I'd like to eat organic, or better yet plant my own vegetable and herb garden. I can never find the time or energy for now, so I'll tuck it into that someday category.

You want to know something? I'm tired of the somedays. I want it all today. Not in a "I want to rack up credit card debt" to get there way. Just a "going in the right direction" way. Nothing wrong with that.

Just like everyone else January 1st came and went with a slew of "resolutions". To be richer, thinner, luckier, happier. But this January 1st was a little more important to me. This year I will be turning 30 and Mark and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. A big year. And though I feel super guilty for not putting myself on a new diet or counting calories or spending countless hours at the gym, I must say I feel better.

I have made the promise to myself to be more mindful, to have more purpose in my step. To listen to my body, my mind, my spirit, to live with intuition and heart. To love myself. Everyone could benefit from a journey within. I have a collection of books building that I will share, all I hope will help give me insight into this new year and new journey.

Don't ask me what I intend on sharing within the blogging world-I'm still figuring it all out. I have tried and failed to start any other blogs and feel that this is a good enough outlet for all family and personal journeys so this is where I stay for now. More to come, you can be sure. Hope you can appreciate the journey with me.

On my reading list:



"Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen." 
― Brené BrownThe Gifts of Imperfection

No comments:

Post a Comment