I feel I always get to this place on the weekend, where I'm winding down and winding up at the same time. Everyone feels this way, I am sure. You want to savor. You want to go in slow motion. Before the week begins, you're ready for one last dance.
Today we took full advantage of family time and took the kids to go see the new Muppet movie. I swear you're insanely in denial if you don't love the Muppets. Talk about a classic.
Then we went out to the Waffle House for our breakfast-for-dinner night. I love this tradition. I can tell our kids appreciate it too when Katelynn pipes up from the backseat on the way home, "our family is awesome." A moment I will never forget. And not because I am all arrogant and "all that." But because our kids feel good about us. Our family. Our home. What we've created.
I always wondered what we were going to be like moving away from a life we were comfortable in. Where family and friends were right down the street. I had tried picturing our little family away from all that and it was admittedly uncomfortable. I worried. What else is new?
But having moments like today, having our little family in this great big world, putting smiles on our kids' faces. Creating memories. I don't feel the fading void as much. Even though our kids say how much they miss everyone, and I do too, of course. But we are not empty. We are not alone. We are okay, and more than okay. We are still thriving in the ways that we were meant to, and maybe even more so.
We still miss our Kansas life, and the people we are separated from. But it's only miles, the love is still here, I feel it. Our kids feel it. And there's something unbelievably wonderful about that. We love you all out there. And next time you're around these parts, we'll be sure to take you the Waffle House...
From this week....Caleb's soccer game
They won their game :)
Enjoy the week y'all! Enjoy that last dance...
Today we took full advantage of family time and took the kids to go see the new Muppet movie. I swear you're insanely in denial if you don't love the Muppets. Talk about a classic.
Then we went out to the Waffle House for our breakfast-for-dinner night. I love this tradition. I can tell our kids appreciate it too when Katelynn pipes up from the backseat on the way home, "our family is awesome." A moment I will never forget. And not because I am all arrogant and "all that." But because our kids feel good about us. Our family. Our home. What we've created.
I always wondered what we were going to be like moving away from a life we were comfortable in. Where family and friends were right down the street. I had tried picturing our little family away from all that and it was admittedly uncomfortable. I worried. What else is new?
But having moments like today, having our little family in this great big world, putting smiles on our kids' faces. Creating memories. I don't feel the fading void as much. Even though our kids say how much they miss everyone, and I do too, of course. But we are not empty. We are not alone. We are okay, and more than okay. We are still thriving in the ways that we were meant to, and maybe even more so.
We still miss our Kansas life, and the people we are separated from. But it's only miles, the love is still here, I feel it. Our kids feel it. And there's something unbelievably wonderful about that. We love you all out there. And next time you're around these parts, we'll be sure to take you the Waffle House...
From this week....Caleb's soccer game
They won their game :)
Enjoy the week y'all! Enjoy that last dance...

No comments:
Post a Comment