7.30.2010

New month, new changes

This will be a short post, but I'll expand on it more later. I am in the process of reading a book called Small Change: little things make a big difference. Just like its title, the book suggests that small changes make a big difference. Not to mention it's easier to make small changes than big ones that may go off course easier. I've decided that every month I am going to make a small change that pertains to the subject matter in this blog, to improve and make healthy habits a reality. I will also encourage you to do the same, it's never a bad idea to continue to improve ourselves-one small change at a time.


August small change: Change One Meal
Dieting is such an evil word in many minds. And let's be honest, when we say diet we often think of food restriction, giving up our favorite decadents, and stressing about what passes our lips. Why does it have to be this way? Why do we demand so much of ourselves when we start a healthy lifestyle change? Why not start small? I encourage you (as well as myself) to pick out one meal a day that you can focus on in August. Which meal brings you the most anguish? Which meal usually finds you overindulging? For me, I will choose to makeover lunch. Some days I don't eat until late afternoon, and some days, when I do eat, I spend more calories than I should. So throughout August I will make healthful changes to this middle of the day meal, and will share any tips that I found useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment