3.17.2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

With it being St. Patrick's Day, I did a little research (and I mean little), to find out more about the significance of this day.

First things first, I am smitten with Ireland...
(pictures not mine of course)







This must be the rainbow and gold we've been hunting for....


A day to celebrate and feast in the name of Irish culture, the customs all began with a religious aspect. Named after St. Patrick, a patron saint of Ireland, who wore a shamrock representing the holy trinity, along with the color green, which became a traditional symbol of the work he did. So, starting out as an Irish Catholic holiday, it has now spread among mass international culture with celebrations in the form of parades and green beer most notably. Not to mention making sure you wear the green attire, for avoidance of the leprechaun pinch (an entirely American tradition).


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment