In the medical field we have certain forbidden words.
Not your average curse words. Although there are plenty of those used and said in certain situations.
Instead the unspoken words are "slow", "calm" and "quiet". You know that if any of these words are said, your shift will exponentially get just the opposite.
I've found myself being careful with those words at home. I don't want to make a collect call (does anyone still make those?) out to the universe, telling it to dish us out a hefty helping of chaotic crazy. No I just want steady calm.
I want the quiet life.
Well if you can call these two quiet...in that case I'll take anything with these little people that seem to be getting funnier and goofier by the day.
I love my life :)
~~~~~~~~~~
We had our usual Sunday night breakfast for dinner. This week was biscuits and gravy, and going with my recent trend, here's how to make it...
Biscuits (you can make them from scratch, but if you're a mom on the move, like me, just buy 2 cans to pop in the oven)
For the gravy, brown a pound of sausage, remove it and put in a bowl to set aside. In skillet leave in remaining grease and add two tablespoons of oil. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes until it becomes a paste. On low heat add in 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream to paste mixture. Add salt and pepper, going low on the salt and heavier on the pepper to taste. Whisk together and turn up to medium heat. Once mixture starts to boil and thicken, turn down to low heat and add the sausage back in. Mix together until smooth.
Split open biscuits and spoon gravy over. Savor the goodness :)
Not your average curse words. Although there are plenty of those used and said in certain situations.
Instead the unspoken words are "slow", "calm" and "quiet". You know that if any of these words are said, your shift will exponentially get just the opposite.
I've found myself being careful with those words at home. I don't want to make a collect call (does anyone still make those?) out to the universe, telling it to dish us out a hefty helping of chaotic crazy. No I just want steady calm.
I want the quiet life.
Well if you can call these two quiet...in that case I'll take anything with these little people that seem to be getting funnier and goofier by the day.
I love my life :)
~~~~~~~~~~
We had our usual Sunday night breakfast for dinner. This week was biscuits and gravy, and going with my recent trend, here's how to make it...
Biscuits (you can make them from scratch, but if you're a mom on the move, like me, just buy 2 cans to pop in the oven)
For the gravy, brown a pound of sausage, remove it and put in a bowl to set aside. In skillet leave in remaining grease and add two tablespoons of oil. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes until it becomes a paste. On low heat add in 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream to paste mixture. Add salt and pepper, going low on the salt and heavier on the pepper to taste. Whisk together and turn up to medium heat. Once mixture starts to boil and thicken, turn down to low heat and add the sausage back in. Mix together until smooth.
Split open biscuits and spoon gravy over. Savor the goodness :)


holy cow, you feeding an army with those biscuits? ;) looks goooood!
ReplyDeletePretty much-these kids love em...but I did make up extra to have for quick breakfasts this week :-)
ReplyDelete