This week ice and snow decided that we hadn't lived it up yet his winter. Georgia was all "hey, we aren't a southern state or anything." And since we all know that wintry mixes don't like sarcasm, we got hit pretty good. Tuesday, I spent the night at the hospital because I may be a born and raised Kansan, but Georgia acts all dare-devil with hills and no snow plows. Let me just say a stretcher is not meant to be slept on overnight-they're a mode of transport, people. But that's enough from me, I'm grateful yadda yadda.
What am I really grateful for? A day off, and being home with these smiling kiddos. They've been taking advantage of snow days and decided to romp in it today.
There's nothing like a snow day as a kid. It's pure magical wonderland.
As an adult, you start seeing the magical wonderland through their eyes, and raising your hot cocoa cup to it, because it's in those moments that you really appreciate. Forget the slick roads, and supermarket madness. Pure joy is underneath it all.
Spring will be well on its way before too long (we hope), so kick back and let yourself love this. Right here...these moments.
Speaking of...Happy Love Day to you all tomorrow. I want to send you each a box of chalky hearts with "thinking of you" all over them. Because I am.
Xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment