I don't get all lovey-dovey here on the blog. I think I fool myself into thinking it's just a "family blog" with family readers and no one needs to get below the surface. Well, I'm constantly fighting the internal war on what to post or what not to post. And since I'm all pro-peace I think I'll stop the fighting and just be myself. So take it or leave it, read it or not. Here's my heart...
Mark and I had a great night talking this week. It was nice to take a break from the weekly hustle and just hang out. We reminisced about the old days of dating. Of the silly break ups, the growth that we both needed. The places we've been, the places that we want to go. The people we want to become...
It's really an amazing thing, this year we will have been married for 11 years. And we are still loving our lives together. We have been through several ups and downs-but we have come out stronger and more appreciative of each other. We know how to read each other, we know how to make the other laugh, and not take life too seriously.
He truly is my best friend.
I had no idea when I met this man 13 years ago what kind of life we would be living together. The family we would create, the big move across the country, the rebirthing of careers. The satisfaction that we would get just experiencing life with one another.
In life I think it's so important to find that one person who makes you the best you. Supporting you with everything they've got. Loving you unconditionally through the bumps in the road.
I'm not trying to take away from the value of independence and sense of self.
I just think that we're all meant to have a partner in crime.
Someone to take road trips with, to smile at from across the room, to lean on if your legs give out. Call it soul mate, better half, best friend...
When you find it...when you find them...life seems to click. The path reveals itself. And it's obvious that this is what it was going to be like all along.
Love you baby.
Mark and I had a great night talking this week. It was nice to take a break from the weekly hustle and just hang out. We reminisced about the old days of dating. Of the silly break ups, the growth that we both needed. The places we've been, the places that we want to go. The people we want to become...
It's really an amazing thing, this year we will have been married for 11 years. And we are still loving our lives together. We have been through several ups and downs-but we have come out stronger and more appreciative of each other. We know how to read each other, we know how to make the other laugh, and not take life too seriously.
He truly is my best friend.
I had no idea when I met this man 13 years ago what kind of life we would be living together. The family we would create, the big move across the country, the rebirthing of careers. The satisfaction that we would get just experiencing life with one another.
In life I think it's so important to find that one person who makes you the best you. Supporting you with everything they've got. Loving you unconditionally through the bumps in the road.
I'm not trying to take away from the value of independence and sense of self.
I just think that we're all meant to have a partner in crime.
Someone to take road trips with, to smile at from across the room, to lean on if your legs give out. Call it soul mate, better half, best friend...
When you find it...when you find them...life seems to click. The path reveals itself. And it's obvious that this is what it was going to be like all along.
Love you baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment