Dear Katelynn,
On Sunday, you turned double digits. The day felt like a little ceremony of sorts. A discovery of who you are becoming...and it is less and less that baby girl whom I remember. Little hands and toes of years past are becoming longer and less recognizable. When did this happen? When did this baby of mine become a young girl?
You've always had that special knack of transporting me. Into the grown up version of you. That quick wit and curiosity for the world pulled me up and out of nostalgia. You are ready for this. Ready for the world to finally discover your gifts.
I still like to imagine that I have a few things to teach you. Maybe I always will. After all, the life that I have lived has led me to these very moments. With you.
I cannot help but smile when I realize that it is you who has been my patient teacher all along. Letting me see within the kaleidoscope of love through your eyes. To get a glimpse of a world that doesn't give up on you. Seeing only the good in others. Laughing aloud at what makes your soul smile. Living in the moment and not in the past. Being free without holding back. I sew up the patchwork heart on my sleeve, carefully stitching it with your light.
Yes, dear one. You have always taught me that dreams are within our reach. You are my star girl. Always searching, always grasping, always discovering. Ever cascading us into the beauty of what it means to explore within our own hearts for the answer. If I can teach you anything, I hope it is to keep you on your quest.
Happy Birthday, our sweet girl. A decade of love, our hearts unfolding. The future is boundless. Reach for your own starry night.
Love you forever,
Mom







No comments:
Post a Comment