12.31.2014

part 2- AKA pictures and a New Year's Eve wish

I'll keep this short.

Because, well it's New Year's Eve. And we have a bottle of Pinot Grigio to open and a game of Catch-Phrase waiting. True story.

As always, I wish I would've got out my camera more often while we were in Kansas. Case and point, I completely spaced out while in Winfield visiting and regret that I don't have pictures of those wonderful memories. But they, like others, are seared into our hearts certainly. 

For the ones I was able to capture, these smiles say it all....


our own Elsa


Mark's family has this thing with Christmas Vacation and the collection is growing...






A favorite-kids opening presents...




Another favorite-big kids opening presents....







My camera got an awesome updated strap this year...


And I just have to share our family's first real tree...she did well.

Caleb's homemade ornament this year

Katelynn's homemade ornament this year

We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and continue to have a great night celebrating the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015. May we all enjoy health and happiness into this next year. Life is full of the ups and downs but no matter what may come I hope you all know how much love and light is in your path...

"No one longs for what he or she already has, and yet the accumulated insight of those wise about the spiritual life suggests that the reason so many of us cannot see the red X that marks the spot is because we are standing on it. The treasure we seek requires no lengthy expedition, no expensive equipment, no superior aptitude or special company. All we lack is the willingness to imagine that we already have everything we need. The only thing missing is our consent to be where we are." 

~Barbara Brown Taylor, An Altar in the World



No comments:

Post a Comment