5.08.2015

the space in between

Why do kids have to grow up? Why can't we capture them in big jars...their energy, their smile, their outlook on the world? Just hold them close, with everything that they are right here, right now and keep them like this forever. If only...

Caleb will be graduating 5th grade in a few short weeks. Elementary school behind him, and he'll be a young man. I'm trying to keep it together. Really, I am. It's hard to let go of the boy who holds your hand, the one who still thinks you're flawless. The one who holds steady his views on the life that he's living. Son, there are so many adventures out there just waiting for your footsteps. As much as I want to cling to the boy you are now, it's just as exciting to see where you will go from here.

Your views on the world are at times skeptical but ultimately curious. Never far from a question or timely conclusion. Your imagination is limitless. Sometimes I envy the people, places and things that come from that incredible mind of yours. And your ability to store random information on history...you've got it going on, kid. 


Katelynn, you've grown so much this year. A first grader turned teenager. Your hunger for life and ability to turn on the emotional heart on your sleeve vulnerability is magical. At times, I'll admit, it's a little overwhelming. But I know the life you are meant to live is going to be incredible. Your smile lights up a room and you laugh at everything. The sense of humor your daddy charmed me with has been passed onto those little giggles. You have a brilliant mind, able to catch onto things like a fire igniting. The next few years will be an awesome journey to see where you'll end up.



With this space between Mark being done with school and the kids finishing up, we have a handful of days when I'm not working that we can take advantage of some much needed dates. 

Today we decided this beautiful weather was a great opportunity for a hike and picnic outside. 

We ventured out to Watson Mill Bridge State Park with the longest covered bridge in Georgia. Built in 1885, the wooden pins and beams bring you back to a different time.

A nice place to do a little outdoor exploring...







Feeling thankful for this space in between. Hope everyone enjoys a beautiful weekend. And for all those mothers out there....have a wonderful day celebrating this amazing privilege of bringing up our littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment