7.18.2015

a little update on us

Hello world.

I really don't have a lot of time tonight. But I just wanted to send out a little update on us. We had quite the roller coaster week...mostly highs...but a ride nonetheless.

Nonetheless. What a word.

My wordy-ness as of late is completely to blame on a streak of Bananagrams that we play with the kids before bed. These large, completely useful words are on my mind more than usual. Dang you banana.

Anyway, Aimee needs a nap.


This week was a difficult week. We decided Mark needed to make a quick trip back to Kansas because a friend of ours is not doing very well. I can't go into details because I will quite possibly spend the next 4 hours crying. But I want to say that we love you, friend. We love you so very much it hurts.

With Mark having an impromptu and stressful trip to Kansas, the kids and I tried to busy ourselves with summery activities.

We had a picnic at the park....










Library books and picnics...






Then we went to a spectacular event at our local lake. We spread out the quilt in the shade, with the lake in view and playground nearby. Smelled the goodness of summer food trucks (you feel me?), and listened to the catchy beats of the Grassland String Band. If there had been a slight breeze (Kansas girl), it would have been absolutely perfect. But really, it was.







We finished off the week with a surprise visit from Papa. A very fun surprise indeed. 


Now on to a new week with new adventures. . .

I hope wherever you are, and whatever you're doing this week, you'll do me a favor...keep your loved ones near. Say how much you love them with silly banana games, and hot humid hikes or phone calls or texts or snail mail...or just some simple little way to express how much they mean to you. Because life is too short. And these moments are gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment