7.10.2011

to the market

Saturday we loaded up and explored the Athens Farmers Market. It was a great experience...complete with the appropriate hats. You can't go without the hats.
They had every kind of fruit and vegetable imaginable, including meats and cheeses. But the best part of the experience? The fresh squeezed lemonade. Our favorite was the the blueberry lemonade. Next time we'll have to get enough to make it home.

What else have we been up to? Well, we've hit the local parks-just need to find some of them in the many trees that like to play hide-and-go-seek. We've also been to the local library, getting initiated with library cards and checking out books. 

Other than that we've been trying to take it easy. Yesterday, I finally received my official RN license in the mail. With that I can start orientation at my new job tomorrow morning. I am so very excited!

We will also get Caleb enrolled in school tomorrow. We are very fortunate because his school is right down the street from us. Katelynn is anxious to start preschool this fall, but we are still in the process of finding one for her. Something we found is that preschool is over twice as expensive as it was back in Wichita.

The apartment is starting to come together. We still have a little more to unpack, but for the most part we're pretty much filling up every corner of our new home. Hard to believe this is even after we've purged from our accumulation in Wichita. Guess we'll need to do some more to have some breathing room. Speaking of rooms, I'd have to say the kitchen is the one that is surprising me the most. This is where we are busting at the seems with dishes, gadgets, and I still have several things to fit in the nooks if I find any. How does this happen? Overall I'd say we're doing okay. Just bought a microwave last night (you never appreciate them until you don't have one. Can I say leftovers?). We still have to get internet and cable (we have two channels that come in with a fancy antenna), and our dishwasher disposal fixed (another thing that you don't appreciate until it doesn't work. But the beauty of living in an apartment...a maintenance call away).

We hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and we'll keep you posted on our new beginnings.



No comments:

Post a Comment