8.26.2010

And we're off!!!

I apologize for the delay in posting...actually this will probably be the new norm as school has officially begun! This week has been an adjustment back to nursing school...trying to remember meds, protocols, what to do with this patient, etc etc. Good news is, I found out my clinical rotations and I will be at Prairie View in Newton for my Psych rotation in the beginning of the semester, then out at Kansas Heart for the second half of the semester for my Cardiac rotation. Both I am sure will be great learning environments.


Caleb has been going full-force in 1st grade. He's been reading more complex words, and more fluently (we're hoping the glasses have paid off). This week he also started flag football practice. Oh when did he get so big?! He absolutely loves it. Most importantly he loves his coach, who has impressed Mark and I already with his knowledge and devotion to setting up fundamentals with the players. Funny story...when Caleb woke up at 6:00am one morning this week I escorted him back to bed and told him he needed to go back to sleep. He replied with
Coach said we needed to get up at 6...
I didn't recall the coach saying anything like that, and Mark and I chuckle when we think of the next thing Caleb may say that the "coach" said. However it may work if we add at the dinner table, "Caleb coach said you need to eat all of your green beans." =)


Katelynn has been keeping busy around the house. She has really taken an interest lately in painting, coloring, and anything involving coloring books. She has picked up quite a few words lately, mostly silly ones she learns from brother. Lately her little inside joke, (or we assume), is to talk about "pickle juice." She'll say it any chance she gets and just laughs and laughs. She also loves pointing out and talking about shapes, the alphabet, and can count up to 14. Not sure why that's the magic number. With Caleb at school (and now myself), we are trying to come up with ways to keep her active throughout the day. She's been a big helper to Daddy though, even helping with the laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment