At about 2pm, Sasha and I were studying at the library for the board exam. I had received a call back on Monday for a list of my professional references. Though I knew this was a good sign, the fact that it had been over 3 days since I had heard anything made me nervous and full of doubts.
But it finally came.
They offered me not one, but two positions-one on their Neuroscience unit and one on their Cardiovascular unit. I decided to accept the position in the Cardiac unit because I knew my heart belonged there-no pun intended....well, kind of.
So, there you have it. It's official, we are finally moving to Georgia!
I cannot explain to you the thoughts and emotions running through my head the past 22 hours. Mark and I both have had moments where we look at each other and ask, "can you believe it?" All of those years of planning, going through the long days, the long nights. The studying, the working, the times where defeat seemed like a giant 'Easy' button waiting for us to press. We kept going on, moving forward, because we had a dream...one that could not be shattered, because we were driven to better ourselves.
And I'll tell you, once you have a vision of who you can be. Who you want to be. There's no going back. Through all the trials that people, and things, and life, give you-because they will, whether you want it or not-you are able to press on, because it's that vision of yourself keeping you safe from all of the outside distractions.
I'll keep you posted on exactly when we will be moving. We know it will be either mid- or late- June, depending on when I take my board exam.
Thank you to everyone, for your love and support. I will, of course, continue to keep up this blog, if nothing else, to let everyone have a view of our new grand adventure that lay ahead. And we know that this move may be bittersweet for many, but just know that we'll be thinking of you in that warmer weather :)
But it finally came.
They offered me not one, but two positions-one on their Neuroscience unit and one on their Cardiovascular unit. I decided to accept the position in the Cardiac unit because I knew my heart belonged there-no pun intended....well, kind of.
So, there you have it. It's official, we are finally moving to Georgia!
I cannot explain to you the thoughts and emotions running through my head the past 22 hours. Mark and I both have had moments where we look at each other and ask, "can you believe it?" All of those years of planning, going through the long days, the long nights. The studying, the working, the times where defeat seemed like a giant 'Easy' button waiting for us to press. We kept going on, moving forward, because we had a dream...one that could not be shattered, because we were driven to better ourselves.
And I'll tell you, once you have a vision of who you can be. Who you want to be. There's no going back. Through all the trials that people, and things, and life, give you-because they will, whether you want it or not-you are able to press on, because it's that vision of yourself keeping you safe from all of the outside distractions.
I'll keep you posted on exactly when we will be moving. We know it will be either mid- or late- June, depending on when I take my board exam.
Thank you to everyone, for your love and support. I will, of course, continue to keep up this blog, if nothing else, to let everyone have a view of our new grand adventure that lay ahead. And we know that this move may be bittersweet for many, but just know that we'll be thinking of you in that warmer weather :)
No comments:
Post a Comment