On the tube:
Why is it those guy-wants-girl-girl-hates-guy-spontaneous attraction-turns-love movies always get me? Don't get me wrong I love the traditional love at first sight scenes (flashback Romeo + Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes-can't get enough of that fish aquarium scene...why aren't there more large free standing fish aquariums at parties anymore?). Oh, and don't forget the movies where the girl was his "best friend" throughout their childhood and he hadn't a clue (que 80s music and rocker chick playing drums). No, all that is nice, but it just isn't as good as that first I hate you, now I love you stories. Tell me I'm not alone.
***
What is up with "laugh tracks" still being used on sitcoms? I honestly was watching a show today and it donned on me...these people aren't genuinely laughing. It's all fake! They want us to laugh by peer pressure? It's not really funny. But strangely...I can't stop laughing.
***
Why all this fascination over the NFL not having a season this year? What's the big deal? Are you saying that us wives will actually have our husbands full attention come Sundays this year? Really, is that so bad? "Honey, I can't mow the lawn the game is on...oh crap!" Yeah that's right ladies, get your honey-do lists ready, it's our year!
***
Honestly, how hilarious are those E*trade babies? It makes me laugh. See, I don't need peer pressure...I'm perfectly capable.
And folks, those are this week's random questions.
Why is it those guy-wants-girl-girl-hates-guy-spontaneous attraction-turns-love movies always get me? Don't get me wrong I love the traditional love at first sight scenes (flashback Romeo + Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes-can't get enough of that fish aquarium scene...why aren't there more large free standing fish aquariums at parties anymore?). Oh, and don't forget the movies where the girl was his "best friend" throughout their childhood and he hadn't a clue (que 80s music and rocker chick playing drums). No, all that is nice, but it just isn't as good as that first I hate you, now I love you stories. Tell me I'm not alone.
***
What is up with "laugh tracks" still being used on sitcoms? I honestly was watching a show today and it donned on me...these people aren't genuinely laughing. It's all fake! They want us to laugh by peer pressure? It's not really funny. But strangely...I can't stop laughing.
***
Why all this fascination over the NFL not having a season this year? What's the big deal? Are you saying that us wives will actually have our husbands full attention come Sundays this year? Really, is that so bad? "Honey, I can't mow the lawn the game is on...oh crap!" Yeah that's right ladies, get your honey-do lists ready, it's our year!
***
Honestly, how hilarious are those E*trade babies? It makes me laugh. See, I don't need peer pressure...I'm perfectly capable.
And folks, those are this week's random questions.
I thought you liked football? I hate you. Oh, now I love you.
ReplyDeleteSee, you totally get me :)
ReplyDeletei LOVE those hate you/love you movies!! definitely:) And there's no NFL this year?? wtf? i need to get outside of my bubble more often...
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought I was the only one wanting the NFL holdout to continue for a while! You are so funny...
ReplyDelete