Amazing what a school year does to your child. All of a sudden he's reading everything in sight. He's picking up a pencil on his own and writing stories. He's telling me facts about Benjamin Franklin and outer space. Why, oh why do they take our kids and transform them in ways where we can't even recognize them?
![]() |
| first day of 1st grade |
| last day of 1st grade |
So, today he has officially started calling himself a "2nd grader" and my heart aches because it has begun. That period in time where I'll look back and say, "I remember when..." and I'll have the realization that it all went so fast. Because today he may just be finishing the 1st grade, but it's starting to hit me that really he's making giant leaps toward learning multiplication, writing in cursive, attending middle school dances, receiving 8th grade recognition, the thrill of drivers ed and that dreaded high school graduation. Where does the time go??
Another question about time...I seem to be learning a lot about patience lately. Specifically my lack of, waiting to hear back from hospitals about employment in Georgia. I'm trying to be a sane person, yet I find myself walking around with my phone attached to my hip, checking neurotically in case I missed a call, and looking for any excuse to fine tune my online applications. I keep crossing my fingers that the madness will end someday soon, when in reality I probably should be focusing on boards. Easier said than done. We're not perfect, right?
Happy Wednesday!
And God Bless the families that were exposed the recent destruction in Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas.

No comments:
Post a Comment