Happy Healthy Holidays tip: start with a cleanse
When beginning something new, it is important to put your best foot forward. A fresh start. A day of reflection for the greatness to come.
Today, for me, that begins with a fast. There are many, many benefits of fasting. To reflect, to reset your digestive system, to understand your hunger signals. It has also been shown to give you a clearer mental state, and increased energy. What I am doing is a modified fast. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables, drinking herbal tea and a lot of water for the duration of one day. When putting your body through a fast, it is very important to rest your body as well, and not to overexert yourself. Take a day just for you.
When beginning something new, it is important to put your best foot forward. A fresh start. A day of reflection for the greatness to come.
Today, for me, that begins with a fast. There are many, many benefits of fasting. To reflect, to reset your digestive system, to understand your hunger signals. It has also been shown to give you a clearer mental state, and increased energy. What I am doing is a modified fast. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables, drinking herbal tea and a lot of water for the duration of one day. When putting your body through a fast, it is very important to rest your body as well, and not to overexert yourself. Take a day just for you.
*****
This past week was very exhausting. I can't even explain it. You ever have one of those weeks when you wonder what in the world you are doing. Like what in the (fill in the blank's) name did you do to deserve to be treated this way. Well I had one of those weeks. I know life can be full of surprises. Okay, let's be blunt-challenges. But sometimes you really wonder how you can keep it all together. This weekend I had to take almost the entire break to recover from last week. And I am hoping to keep taking breaths of fresh air, realign my mental focus and keep my attitude positive. One thing is certain, with Thanksgiving in a few short days, I have found that when going gets tough, it is probably time to take stock of what you are thankful for. I have a job. I have a steady paycheck. I have a family that loves and supports me. I have hope. That it will all get better.
A few random pictures from our week:
This sums up our weekend. Lots and lots of this.

And our gift from my workplace, a 16-18 lb turkey. Now, if we can just figure out how to make it edible.

Papa is here this week. And I think the kids could get used to this :)

No comments:
Post a Comment