4.06.2011

ahh choo

Wow, we are in full-force allergy season. With the high winds Kansas greets us with, this time of year brings out the runny noses and itchy eyes. It's a real downer when you want to get outside (once again, it's been a long winter), but you have to make a choice between allergy misery and fresh air. Most of the time I choose fresh air, just let me gripe about allergies in exchange.

I've been trying to think of ways to make us a healthier family. Definitely need to check out letsmove.gov if you haven't already. A neat place to get motivated to get active and moving, led by First Lady Michelle Obama.

Also, have you ever heard of Geocaching? I learned at www.geocaching.com that you can get in on the fun by embarking on a high-tech treasure hunt. Kids and adults alike can participate and there are hidden treasures all around the world, making it a HUGE adventure!

Another adventure for me (and this is by no means new technology), wearing a pedometer. Have you tried this?? First of all, the recommended 10,000 steps...do you know how hard that is?! Unbelievably hard, and I'm not a sedentary person. I got really close the day I had clinicals (where I walk for 6 hours straight), then came home and cleaned the entire house. I got close but no cigar (or 5 miles in this case). It's a great way to get yourself off the couch, even if it's marching in place while you're watching your favorite shows. I know it sounds strange (it may look strange) but definitely better than sitting for that amount of time.

Other than that we've been doing our normal activities...
...creating masterpieces, one paintbrush stroke at a time
...and fighting off the Joker's Goons, because folks that's what we do!

So, there's our midweek update in a nutshell. Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment