4.28.2011


Life is all sorts of mess right now. I have so many piles of whatnot in all areas of our house that need attention. I have a to do list for school that constantly have items needing added, rather than crossed off. Not to mention a general feeling of "limbo" about life after nursing school.
the only reason I'm adding this picture is that it can accurately portray "mess"...please don't judge!

Sometimes, I am guilty of getting caught up in the everyday random mess that we experience, and this is when I'm so lucky to have Mark, who can balance me out. I write this as I think about yesterday...

Mark had a thought to get us out of our midweek slump, and suggested going on our first scavenger hunt  (I think in a recent post I wrote about Geocaching). We picked up Caleb from school and headed out on our own family adventure.

Mark, plugging in our coordinates...

We set out for the nearest destination, within a mile of our house. 

And within minutes we found our treasure...

Inside, we found the recorded names of those that came before us...
and added our own. Now on to the next adventure!

We took a little time to play at the nearby park.
i love watching their friendship grow


Life is not all about the mess that is in our lives. Hard to grasp, but it's not about the piles of laundry, the sink full of dishes, the unswept floors. Not even about the deadlines, the last drops of coffee, the car that cut us off on the way to work. It's about that balance. Making good with the bad, easy with the hard, long with the short in life. We should always be asking ourselves how we can keep up the balance. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Geocaching! I want to do one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun and easy to do! Definitely a nice way to get outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete